Psoriasis is a common skin condition that causes the life cycle of the skin cells to speed up rapidly, this causes skin cells to build upon the surface of the skin leading to red patches and scales which are often painful and itchy. Psoriasis is a kind of disorder that comes and goes. Even though there is no definitive cure as yet but psoriasis treatments focus on slowing down the speed of skin cell growth. There are pills and gels prescribed to patients of psoriasis to help them deal with the disease.
If you want to avoid visiting a doctor or reluctant to spend hefty amounts on medication, Here are 10 easy home remedies to help treat psoriasis and prevent it from spreading-
- Manage Stress: Emotional stress can often cause thepsoriasis symptoms to aggravate, calm your mind and soul with the help of yoga and meditation to manage your stress levels better. This will help get rid of psoriasis faster.
- Quit Smoking: Yet another factor that increases the risk of psoriasis is smoking. If you are someone who is constantly affected by psoriasis, quitting your cigarette habits will definitely lower your chances being affected the next time around.
- Avoid alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption not only damages your liver and immune system but can also cause psoriasis to worsen, Quitting on alcohol once affected will help you heal faster
- Apply aloeveragel: Extract fresh aloevera gel and apply it on the affected skin at least twice or thrice a day, it will help get rid of the redness and scaling. Aloevera tablets have shown no effect in helping treat psoriasis, If you do not have home grown aloevera, consider buying over the counter authentic aloevera gels
- Apply apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has been used as a disinfectant since ancient times, applying apple cider vinegar on affected skin several times a week will help get rid of the itching and scalping. Avoid apple cider vinegar if you have open wounds or your skin is badly damaged.
- Capsaicin: capsaicin is an ingredient found in chili peppers and many other ointments, Capsaicin blocks nerve endings that transfer pain, applying capsaicin ointment on the affected area can help treat pain, inflammation and redness related to psoriasis.
- Use Dead Seasalts: Dropping Dead Sea salt to your warm bath water and soaking in it for 15 to 20 minutes can help get rid of the scales and itching caused by psoriasis.
- Apply oat paste: applying oat paste on your affected skin while bathing can help get rid of the itching and swelling.
- Use Tea Tree oil: tea tree oil is known for its anti-septic qualities. Using shampoos and body wash infused with tea tree oil can help treat scalp psoriasis.
- Use Turmeric:Turmeric is famous for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities. Taking a turmeric concentrated pill twice a day will help treat psoriasis. Turmeric can be consumed orally by generously adding it to prepare daily meals.
There are a number of home remedies that can be opted for ensuring the controlling the problem. Homeopathy has also evolved as a great alternative that is efficacious in controlling the consequences of the problem.
We, at Dr. Batra’s, excel in providing comprehensive knowledge to our clients regarding the problem and the ways in which, the problem can be controlled at the stage of its incipience.