It’s important to read this blog post before proceeding with your hair transplant procedure.
With so many hair transplant options available today, men no longer need to compromise their self-confidence and social lives because of their receding hairlines.
Celebrities and public personalities such as John Travolta, Steve Carell and Elton John have all undergone hair transplant treatments and procedures in order to achieve a full head of hair once again.
Things you need to know before your hair transplant procedure
There are a few tips and facts that you should know about before undergoing this procedure though. Hair transplants offer you the chance to change your look and step into the world with pride again but only if the procedure is a success.
Here are a few dos and don’ts that will come in handy and ensure that you achieve the best possible results from this process.
- Do stay away from alcohol before your procedure. The best hair replacement clinic in Melbourne, Dr Spano Hair Transplants, recommends not consuming any alcohol at least two weeks before your procedure in order to achieve the best results. The same applies to nicotine products and cigarettes.
- Don’t skimp on a full health check. It’s important to be sure that your body is healthy before booking your hair transplant procedure as your health plays a leading role in the success of the treatment. Head to your doctor for a general health check-up that includes checking your blood pressure. Products that contain Vitamin E as well as anti-depressant medication should be avoided.
- Do stay out of the sun. Patients should avoid any excessive exposure to sunlight before their hair transplant surgery as sunburn can lead to a number of complications. If you can, rather stay indoors in the weeks leading up to your procedure otherwise make your hat your best friend.
- Do take care of your scalp leading up to the procedure. It’s important to take proper care of your scalp in the months leading up to the procedure if you want to see good results. Gentle yet thorough cleansing and moisturising is key.
- Don’t consume any anti-inflammatory medication. Drugs such as aspirin are known to thin the blood, which can lead to complications during your hair transplant procedure. Bleeding after the operation being one of the most common and dangerous complications. It’s also advisable to avoid any enhancement drugs such as Viagra in the weeks before your surgery.
- Do choose the right professional.If you really want to make your hair transplant surgery a worthwhile investment, you need to thoroughly research hair transplant professionals and clinics ahead of time. It’s also recommended that you consult with more than one professional to ensure that you’re choosing someone with the right experience and credentials. Upon visiting the relevant clinics, take the time to ask questions about the technology they use too as this can affect the outcome of your surgery.
The hair transplant process is a personal one so choose a doctor who can offer you a more personalised experience. The right professional understands that each case is unique and should be treated as such.